Author Topic: Will Franklin Electric Pumptec work with a CSV?  (Read 14442 times)

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Will Franklin Electric Pumptec work with a CSV?
« on: June 12, 2014, 12:24:16 PM »
The following is an email from a CSV customer to Franklin Electric, asking if a Pumptec will work with a CSV.  Notice that the Tech from Franklin wasted no time trying to make the CSV look like it would damage the pump, which it will not.  He never even answered the question about the Pumptec.  The answer should have been, "No, the Pumptec will not work with any device that reduces the amperage of the pump/motor". 

I was recently assured that Franklin will no longer make such inaccurate and disparaging remarks about the CSV.  Being as the CSV has never caused a problem with a single pump/motor in 22 years, these are foolish as well as liable statements from Franklin Electric.  The Cycle Stop Valve makes pump/motors last much longer than they were designed to last and eliminates the need for extremely profitable products like Variable Frequency Drives and big pressure tanks, which do not lengthen the life of pump/motors.  So I highly doubt that Franklin will stop trying to dissuade people from finding and using a product as beneficial as the CSV.

The following is the email to and from Franklin Electric.

Franklin Electric Contact Form Inquiry

This message was submitted through the Franklin Electric Corporate Website. Below is more information on the inquiry submitted.
·   First Name: R
·   Last Name: H
·   Position:
·   Address: XXXXXXXX
·   City: S
·   State: C
·   Zip: 00000
·   Phone Number: XXXXXXXXX
·   FAX Number:
·   Request: My contractor just installed the above pump in a shallow well for my water supply. Everything is working well but he suggested replacing my old water tank with a Cycle Stop Valve (CSV) to provide better pressure control and to greatly reduce the number of on/off cycles. Since my shallow well can become limited during extreme drought periods (ran dry two times in 37 years) I wish to install your Pumptec Plus pump protection device. My question is since CSVs place a varying load on the pump in order to provide constant water pressure, would your Pumptec Plus system still function properly with a CSV system? Thank you.
·   Email: H
·   Model: 10FV05P4-2W230 series V
·   Horsepower: 1/2
·   Control Box Model: N/A
·   Voltage: 230
·   Wire/Phase: 2-Wire

From Franklin Electric to customer;

Robert:

We do not recommend a CSV to be put on submersibles.   There is a serious change of inadequate flow to cool motor and addition down thrust on the motor shortening the life.

W N
Technical Service Engineer

Franklin Electric
9255 Coverdale Rd.
Fort Wayne,  IN  46809
1.260.827.5102 Fax
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 07:32:14 AM by Cary Austin »

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Will Franklin Electric Pumptec work with a CSV?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 12:27:35 PM »
Again the answer is NO.  A Pumptec will not work with a CSV or any device that reduces the amperage of the pump/motor.

There are very few of these type devices that have an adjustable underload that will work with a CSV.

That is why we had to come up with a Dry Well protection device that does have an adjustable underload and will work with a CSV.  We make Cycle Sensors for any size pump.