Author Topic: CSV Stopped Working  (Read 2420 times)

gaffcat

• View Profile
CSV Stopped Working
« on: January 21, 2018, 06:04:43 PM »
I have a model CSV12560-1, an above ground jet pump, a 40/60 pressure switch and a small diaphragm pressure tank. The system has worked great for 5+ years. A couple times recently the water system shut down, no water. I went out to the pump room and tried the simplest thing: turning the little lever on the pressure switch and the pump started and every thing was fine. This happened a few times. I figured I needed a new pressure switch and installed one. The new switch is exactly the same as the old one but now the system operates like there is no CSV. The pump cycles between 40 and 60 over and over as I can see it on a gauge.

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: CSV Stopped Working
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 07:26:32 AM »
We increased the vent size in the side of those valves.  The old smaller air vent would clog up and stop the valve from working.  Give us a call.  We will gladly replace that valve for you.  In the meantime you can drill a 1/4" hold just below the red collar on the long side of the valve.  Just drill through the first layer of plastic about 1/16" thick.  When you see the spring you have gone far enough. Do not drill through and past the spring or the valve will leak.  But this new vent hole will most likely get you back to working.  Either way we will replace the valve for you.

gaffcat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 12:55:15 PM »
Thank you for the info. A while ago I bought from you a CSV1A valve but haven't installed it. The CSV12560-1 was installed in my pump room and I was annoyed by the occasional dripping. The new valve will require some re arrangement of plumbing so I have put off doing it, perhaps now is the time.

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 09:39:30 AM »
Yes because the CSV1A can handle more stuff in the water and cannot leak on the floor.   The CSV125 is a good valve if the water is fairly clean, but it still needs to be installed where if it does develop a leak it won't get anything wet.