Author Topic: Water coming out of bypass valve  (Read 3350 times)

lisledude

• View Profile
Water coming out of bypass valve
« on: March 07, 2018, 04:27:39 PM »
I recently replaced my pressure tank.   I replumed when I did and put a shut off valve between my CSV and my pressure switch.   When I turned everything back on, I forgot to open the shut off valve.   The pump turned on and triggered the overflow valve.   I quickly opened the shut off valve and everything was working as expected.   Shortly after, I have a very small amount of water coming out of the overflow valve on the top.    Is there some way to fix / adjust this?

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Water coming out of bypass valve
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 06:44:42 PM »
The pop off valve cannot be before the CSV.  It will always pop off if installed prior to the CSV.  If it is a CSV1A you can screw the pop off valve to one of the three extra ports on the CSV1A.  But if it is a CSV125, you will need to use a tee after the CSV, like the one for the pressure tank to attach the pop off valve.

lisledude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 07:31:01 AM »
I think I misrepresented this.  What is leaking is the pressure relief valve.  It triggered when I turned on the pump with the shutoff valve closed between the CSV and my pressure switch.   After I opened the shut off valve, everything is working like on my old setup, but the pressure release valve is dribbling.   So, can I buy a new pressure release valve some where or is there some way to adjust/clean it?

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 09:03:09 AM »
Pop off valve, pressure relief valve are the same thing.  But again that valve will always pop off or leak if it is installed prior to the CSV.  But if it is after the CSV you can adjust it.  Just unscrew the little cap and tighten the adjustment inside until the leak stops.