Author Topic: Suddenly can't get above 20psi with CSV1A  (Read 2547 times)

moxiemoney

• View Profile
Suddenly can't get above 20psi with CSV1A
« on: February 10, 2019, 11:28:55 PM »
HI, Got the CSV1 setup with small tank as well. Everything going great for about 2 years, then suddenly this morning after a few showers and such, water pressure went to zero. Went out and checked, things seemed normal. Checked tank, and sure enough looks like the bladder is buster or something, water coming out the air nozzle when checking air pressure. Replaced with new tank and a new 40/60 cutoff/on switch, but when turning power to pump, comes on and just goes up to about 20 psi and stops. I replaced new switch with a 30/50 cutoff switch that has the auto shut off lever on the side, and I tried to hold that down to manually keep the pump on, but again, just goes up to 20 psi and shuts off. It will then just drain to 0 psi if I open faucet and the pump won't kick back on. I just had the well pump replaced last summer and it seems to come on. Pressure holds fine at 20 psi so I don't believe I have a busted pipe/leak anywhere. Super weird. Been really happy with your CSV1A, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some dumb step before calling a local company to come out. Thanks!

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Suddenly can't get above 20psi with CSV1A
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 07:01:33 AM »
If you have a check valve above ground, there could still be a leak prior to that check valve.  But either you have a leak or the pump is not providing as much flow and pressure as it should.  You can check the amps.  Full amps means you have a leak.  Low amps means the pump is worn or clogged.  Either way you will probably have to pull the pump just to see where the problem is.

moxiemoney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 05:31:10 PM »
Thank you for the prompt response. In  the back of my head I was hoping that maybe these cycle stop valves can get clogged or go bad causing this issue and it would be as simple as ordering another one from you!

Hate to have them pull the pump and charge me all that money when I just put the darn thing in there with all new piping just a bit ago, but I guess I have no choice. Thanks for the help.

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 07:00:26 AM »
If they just put it in not long ago it should still be under warranty.  If not I would throw a fit.   >:(