Author Topic: bumfuzzeled- low pressure  (Read 3147 times)

mommicked

• View Profile
bumfuzzeled- low pressure
« on: June 17, 2019, 08:24:37 PM »
Hi. So my problem is that I am only getting 25 psi max. pressure.
Have completely reworked my well from the foot valve to house and everything in between.
110 ft well, 18 ft to water, 1hp Sta Rite hle-l deep well jet pump to check valve to csv1a valve with a 5 gal. pressure tank mounted to csv ( like website diagram), 30/50 pressure switch, 28 psi pre-charge tank.
With water on or off, no matter how I adjust the csv, pressure remains at 25 and will not increase past that. With water hose on you can watch pressure fluctuate slightly as you open/ close, but always regulates to 25.
Naturally, pump will not shut off, However, once power is turned off holds pressure at 25.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Dennis.
Ps. My Second CSV install, first one works flawless. Hoping you can point me in right direction.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 08:41:15 PM by mommicked »

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: bumfuzzeled- low pressure
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 07:34:35 AM »
With a deep well jet pump the CSV needs to be installed after the back pressure valve.  Adjusting the back pressure valve is needed to get the pump to perform as required.  If adjusting the back pressure valve has no effect, the jet nozzle in the packer down the well is probably clogged.  A plugged jet nozzle will only let you have 20-25 PSI.

mommicked

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 02:59:28 PM »
Thank you for the reply.
First, pretty sure injector/ nozzle ok as I literally just installed new pipes as I was worried they might be leaking. Also installed nicer injector at the time. To be honest, I had to search for what a back pressure valve is. Mine is located on the pump housing and so far is having no effect on pressure at all and csv adjust bolt all the way out. Sigh, had 50 psi before I decided to replace everything. I'm hoping that I will kick myself when I determine the problem.

Cary Austin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 07:39:27 AM »
Could be just the wrong size jet nozzle for the pump and depth.

mommicked

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 08:28:57 PM »
So problem solved after much aggravation.
As I stated, I replaced everything of my water system "except" for lines and rebuilt pump. On start up immediately had 25 psi.
Replaced lines and another better injector. 25 psi. WTHeck!
Disassembled pump again, inspect, reassemble, install, 25psi. Crap!
New regulator valve, twist , turn, cuss, nothing!
Remembered I had another old pump. Replaced. 25psi. You got to be kidding!
One thing left. Pull the lines and check the injector.
I live in NC with heavy sediment and iron. The rebuilt pump was immediately sending fresh chunks of scale down to my new injectors. I was not able to reach up into a cavity when I cleaned and I must have loosened up the crud.
Anyhow, CSV adjusted, ran for an hour, held constant 40 psi. Works flawlessly.
My lesson. Replace everything and never assume anything.
Thanks for your help, and hope maybe this helps someone else.

Cary Austin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 08:05:39 AM »
Glad you got it working. Yeah low pressure is usually the pump and rarely a CSV problem.  That 20-25 PSI is indicative of a clogged jet nozzle.  Thanks for sharing!