Author Topic: Distribution between CSV1A and Pressure Tank - Will This Work?  (Read 5188 times)

Yanny

• View Profile
After talking with CSV and looking at the "PK1AM Pside-Kick: Typical Applications" webpage it seems I can separate the CSV1A from the pressure tank and have distribution after the CSV1A and before the pressure tank.  But I got confused when CSV said I cannot use shutoffs on distribution lines before the pressure tank unless the pump is turned off.

My setup would be: CSV1A on the well line just after it leaves the well, then the well line would Tee to a garden line with hose bibs, and to a line to a hydrant and then the house.  The house line would connect to the Tank Tee/manifold, pressure tank and switch in a mechanical room, like that shown for the PK1AM, and from there supply lines would go to the kitchen and bathroom.  Would this setup work?

But it seems deficient if I cannot have shutoffs on the garden and house lines before the pressure tank unless I turn off the pump.  In that case it seems I would skip the shutoffs and just rely on turning off the pump.  But that would mean I could not turn off the garden and house lines separately.

Attached is a drawing of my proposed setup.

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Distribution between CSV1A and Pressure Tank - Will This Work?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 04:27:20 PM »
You can have ball valves, double checks, or whatever you want on the lines that tee off the main.  You just don't want a cut off valve or check valve on the MAIN LINE between the CSV and pressure tank. switch.

Yanny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 07:58:36 PM »
Please see the diagram called CSV Setup.pdf that I attached to my original post.  From what you are saying, my setup is OK except for the shutoff (= ball valve) after the tee on the line to the hydrant, house and pressure tank and switch.  That shutoff should be removed.  The shutoff (ball valve) after the tee on the garden line is OK.  Is that all correct?

Cary Austin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 06:58:25 AM »
You can have the shut off between the tee and the garden.  But you do not want a shut off between the tee and the hydrant, as that would stop water from entering the pressure tank as needed.

Yanny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 07:40:25 AM »
So we will keep the shutoff on the garden line but remove the shutoff on the main line.  The hydrant coming off the main line is OK because it is not a shutoff, correct?

Cary Austin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 07:56:12 AM »
Yes.  You just don't want anything that can stop the flow from the pump to the pressure tank or from the tank back to the hydrant.