Author Topic: CSV to replace booster pump or in addition to booster. End the Grundfos madness  (Read 1795 times)

mlbearu

• View Profile
I live high on a hill in a house with city water.  Although the PSI is what the city deems acceptable, it isn't strong enough to trip the exchange between the tub and shower.   We had a Grundfos for many years which worked exceptionally well.  When it died it was replaced with another Grundfos.  This one has started leaking after only 18 months.   Heavy sigh.  It was worth the money when I thought it was going to last as long as the first one, but it is too expensive an item to replace or repair so soon.   I am looking for alternatives to the Grundfos.

I am glad to have stumbled onto this site and have read many forum entries.  A cycle stop valve seems to be a good solution to pump burnout  when you have a well pump but can it be used for city water.  Do I still need a booster pump. 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, 10Q.

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
I assume the bad pump you are talking about is the Grundfos Scala or MQ?  Those are just made to extract as much money as they can from your wallet.  The Grundfos JP regular jet pump is a good long lasting type pump.  I prefer a good heavy cast iron housing but either of the Grundfos JP pumps are good.  Using a regular jet pump with a PK1A control kit will deliver strong constant pressure to the house and makes the pump last a long time.