Author Topic: Jet Pumps with built in pressure switch  (Read 1905 times)

kennyfk2

• View Profile
Jet Pumps with built in pressure switch
« on: October 26, 2020, 09:33:55 PM »
Hi,
I currently have a CSV set up with my submersible well pump for my home water supply and it's working great - however the well recovery isn't that great (~ 1.3gpm) and it's only a 60 foot well so there's not a ton of water for us to use.  I'm looking to add a storage tank and use a small jet pump (e.g. SAER-1-HP-Self-Priming-Stainless-Steel-Jet-Pump) to pull the water from the storage tank (similar to the Low yield well with storage tank and backup pump diagram), however I am confused about the wiring. All the jet pumps I am seeing have a built in pressure switch and I know the CSV PK1A kit comes with one as well.

The one diagram I was able to find (Low Yield Well, Cistern with jet pump) makes it appear to me that I wire the pressure switch on the PK1A to the Cycle Sensor and then that is wired to the pressure switch on the pump. If that is the case, what should the settings be on the pump's pressure switch? (e.g. with 55psi on the PK1A with 45/65 on that pressure switch) 
Or should the pressure switch on the pump just be ignored and connect the Cycle Sensor directly to the power of the jet pump?

Thanks
~Kenny

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Jet Pumps with built in pressure switch
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 09:34:48 AM »
I believe that is a deep well jet pump only.  You will need a shallow well jet pump or at least a convertible jet pump to draw from a storage tank.  You can also use a submersible well pump in the storage tank instead of the jet.  Here is the wiring diagram to bypass the switch on the side of the motor.  See "Jet pump" wiring.

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 09:37:38 AM »
Here is a drawing using a sub in the cistern.

kennyfk2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 10:49:41 AM »
Thanks for the response - the wiring diagram image was exactly what I was looking for.