Author Topic: Correct Product Selection/Setup  (Read 3142 times)

jstadick

• View Profile
Correct Product Selection/Setup
« on: November 17, 2020, 09:13:57 AM »
Hi, looking for so help in determining if/which of your products could help us.  We just purchased a home with an existing 1600sf ish ranch with 2 baths connected to the existing well.  The well is 115ft deep, has a yield of 35 GPM with a 10 GPM submersible pump with pressure tank and 30/50 pressure switch.  We plan to build a new home about 65ft from the well and supply water to the new home from the existing well (see attached diagram).  We had a company come out and checkout the well and they suggested that we just add an additional pressure tank at the new house and all should be good.  I'm concerned about having enough pressure and reducing cycling on the pump.  Would/which of you products would be beneficial for us?  Thanks for any help/advise! 

John

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Correct Product Selection/Setup
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 12:03:45 PM »
Yu don't need a tank at each house.  Even with two houses a single 10 gallon size pressure tank is all you need.  Installed at the well house, I would use a PK1A kit with a 10 gallon size pressure tank and a 40/60 pressure switch.  A thousand five star reviews can't be wrong.  :)

jstadick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 08:24:08 PM »
Well (pun intended), I hope to add my own glowing review.  Just ordered it!

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 06:59:38 AM »
Thanks.  Let me know if you have any questions.