Author Topic: Will a CSV work on a Jet Pump?  (Read 4477 times)

neondiary

• View Profile
Will a CSV work on a Jet Pump?
« on: June 11, 2011, 03:21:07 PM »
Hi all,

From my research I have conflicting reports as to a CSV working with my system. I have a deep well pump that pumps into a 12,500 gallon storage tank. The water is then boosted with a brand new Goulds J15S (1.5 HP jet pump) which then pressurizes  2 bladder pressure tanks - one 80 gallon, and one 35 gallon. The 80 gallon recently ruptured, and this has prompted my search for a replacement or alternative. So with my remaining 35 gallon pressure tank the jet pump, can I use a CSV? is it going to make the jet pump last longer? and which system should I get?

Thanks!

James

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Will a CSV work on a Jet Pump?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 10:34:13 AM »
The fact that you have busted the bladder in a tank means your pump is cycling.  Cycling on and off will bust a bladder the same way bending a wire back and forth until it breaks will do.  The CSV will work fine with just the 35 gallon tank but, you really don’t need a tank that large.  Even a 4.4 gallon size tank is large enough when using a CSV.  And yes, even with a 4.4 gallon size tank the CSV will make the pump/motor, tank bladder, pressure switch, and everything else in the pump system last longer.  Cycling is what destroys everything in a pump system, and a Cycle Stop Valve STOPS pump cycling.

Probably the CSV1Z would be best for you pump because it is infinitely adjustable to set at any pressure to work with any size tank you end up with.