Author Topic: CSV model for new system?  (Read 8564 times)

K2ride

CSV model for new system?
« on: October 28, 2011, 12:21:28 PM »
Looking for advise on CSV model to choose for a new construction in ''Skidoo land'' (Quebec) as well as input on the water supply system components.

Building:  - 4 bedrooms
                - 2 complete bathrooms
                - 4 occupants

Well:       - 125' deep/600gph
               - 3' from inwell static water level to ground surface
               - 10' rise on the 100' horizontal piping needed between well & building

Looking to order:
               - Grundfos 10S05-9 Submersible Deep Well Pump 1/2 HP, 115V, 4" MTR, 1 1/4" NPT, 2-wire, 1 PH, 13.5" Pump End, 9 Stages
               (rated at 10gpm & no control box needed).
              - 1'' Pex (non oxi barrier) from deepwell pump to house, burried 4' underground & insulated (Skidoo land, again) ::)
              - 1'' CSV1 (60psi) to be installed in the building
              - 4gallon pressure tank
              -expected to operate at a minimum of 50psi but ...60psi would be preffered!

Your opinion  on this setup & its components would be much appreciated &, last but not least,
Is the plastic 1'' CSV1 60psi the right choice for it?

Also,
Is it possible to order the CSV directly from your online store or from one of your distributors?  (Vermont based Shipping/receiving  address for all of my US purchases)

ps: Sorry for the basic ''straight to the point'' nature of this post but English isn't my first language
&...
 The water supply system is needed ''asap'' so everything has to be ordered come monday.

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: CSV model for new system?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 09:13:01 AM »
The CSV160 will work with a 50/70 pressure switch.  However, it is not recomended to be installed indoors.  Use the CSC1 weight bearing coupling and install the CSV160 in the well.  For indoors installation, I recommend the CSV1Z.

Call me at 806-885-4445 or email me at caustin@cyclestopvalves.com and I will help you with the purchase.

K2ride

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 08:01:54 PM »
Thanks for the reply!

Not too keen on the idea of an ''inwell'' CSV installation; looks good in theory but, in pratice, it's a weak link on the ''inwell'' pipe &, if I have to pull the pump (for whatever reason) in the dead of winter, the plastic CSV & its connections will be at risk considering that it's not unusual to have periods of -30c dwn to -40c in these necks of the wood &, from experience, that's when ''things'' go bad  & need urgent attention. ::)

None the less,
if I go for the CSV1 ''inwell'' setup, how far down the pitless adater should the CSV  be situated?
Don't know if it matters but the pitless adapter will be 4ft under the present static water level & this indicates that CSV will be under water most of the time.

...I'll call you tomorrow aferrnoon.

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 08:09:40 AM »
The CSV1 with the CSC1 coupling is stronger than the pipe in the well.  It takes 3400# to pull the valve apart.  It is not a weak link in the drop pipe.  It needs to be installed as close under the pitless as possible.  Usually about a 2' nipple between the pitless and the CSV1 is needed to let the CSV be centered away from the casing wall like the pitless.  The CSV1 usually vents air, but when submerged works well under water.  It just needs a small hole drilled in the spring cage to make it easier to vent water.

The CSV1 can also be installed in the basement or house.  You just need to be aware that it could leak a small amount of water on the floor.  (About 1 gallon per week) Installation over a a drip pan or sump pit is preferred.

The CSV1 is less expensive and has better flow characteristics than the metal valves.  Which makes it worth dealing with a possible small leak by installing it in the well or close to a sump.

K2ride

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 05:14:41 AM »
After the informative phone conversation, the CSV1Z was chosen over the CSV1 for its pressure adjustable feature which, as you indicated, should allow more control to ''fine tune'' tankless water heater performances.

Thanks for your time & attention; ...much appreciated!