Author Topic: PK1A PSIDE-KICK water pressure  (Read 7785 times)

ranger481vs

• View Profile
PK1A PSIDE-KICK water pressure
« on: July 21, 2012, 10:01:14 PM »
I just installed my PK1A PSIDE-KICK, and the install when very smooth. The system functions great. However, I don't really understand the whole pressure adjustment thing. I messed around with the two adjustment screws on the switch without knowing what I was doing. Now, I think when the small tank drains, and I'm in the constant flow mode, my pressure sits around 41 psi. I'd like to get it up to at least 50 or more, but I'm not sure what to do now that I've played around with both screws and messing up the settings. Tightening down on either screw in constant flow mode, does not affect my pressure. Any help would be appreciated.

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: PK1A PSIDE-KICK water pressure
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 02:25:27 PM »
Those two screws in the pressure switch only effect the pumps on and off settings.  The adjustment on the CSV determines the pressure when using water.  You want the pressure switch to turn the pump on at about 40 and off at about 60 PSI.  Then while running something small like a kitchen sink or a single shower, you adjust the CSV to hold 50 PSI steady.

Tip;  The small screw in the pressure switch should be almost all the way loosened out, (counterclockwise).   Try this before making any other adjustments.

ranger481vs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 08:58:44 PM »
Okay, I got the CSV set steady at 50psi, and my cut out pressure at 60psi. The cut-in pressure may need a little more tweaking, I suppose. When I run a sink faucet and then watch the pressure drop, it goes to about 35psi, then the switch clicks, it drops way down to less than 20psi and then starts working it's way back up to 60psi before it shuts off again. I'm guessing I need to turn the nut with the larger spring clockwise until I see the click at around 40psi. Does that sound right?

Cary Austin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 07:14:31 AM »
Yes.  Turn the large adjustment in the pressure switch about 2 full turns to the right.  You have 38# of air in the tank so the pump needs to come on before the pressure gets to 38, and you won't see it drop to 20 anymore.  If it goes higher than 60# to shut off, that is OK, it just gives a little more run time.

ranger481vs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 09:10:55 PM »
Thanks for all of the help.  Now all of the levels are set properly, and the system is working smoothly. Really like this system and looking forward to seeing how it stands the test of time. Thanks again. - Matt

ranger481vs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 04:25:24 PM »
I'm back with another question. I messed around with my CSV screw trying to increase the constant water pressure from 50 to around 60. Anyhow, my pressure switch cuts in at 40, like it should. Then, it goes all the up to about 60 and cuts out, but it doesn't go into the constant flow mode at all, it just goes back down to 40, the switch cuts in again, cuts out at 60 and repeats. So, my pressure switch is cycling on and off constantly. Not sure how to adjust it so it works properly. Thanks for the help.

Cary Austin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 08:14:42 AM »
Tighten the large adjustment screw in the pressure switch down to 50/70 setting.