Author Topic: Pside-Kick with jet pump, water softener and sediment filter?  (Read 8525 times)

ronaundi

• View Profile
Pside-Kick with jet pump, water softener and sediment filter?
« on: February 02, 2013, 09:38:08 AM »
Hello all!

I have a one well system and an above ground 1/2 horse jetpump with a 30-50 pressure switch on the pump. I also have a watersoftener installed.
Before the water goes into the softener I have a sediment filter installed that I flush every 2-3 weeks because of the sand it is pumping up. This whole setup has been working for 10 years but the water pressure is so so.
The main problem for us is the pressure when taking a shower. It works fine since we have Oxygenics low pressure shower heads installed but we like a little better pressure.
It seems to be working better when the pump is running so my idea was to install a CSV1 on my system. The question for me is actually where to install it on my system with softener and sediment filter??
Does it need to be installed right after the pump?

I was looking at the Psidekick as well. Could I install a side kick and get rid of the large bladdertank???

I will include a picture of my rigged system. Sorry I am not a plumber and I installed the softener and sediment filter myself.
The watersoftener and the filter might already mess with the pressure.

Let me know if the CSV would work for my system or if you see some flaws on how to improve my system. than kyou for your time to look at my post. Any advice is welcome.

Ron

« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 12:05:09 PM by Cary Austin »

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: CSV with home system with water softener and sediment filter?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 07:22:38 PM »
Getting rid of the big tank and switching to a Pside-Kick kit with the 4.5 gallon tank would be a good idea.  As you say, there is more pressure when the pump is on.  With the 4.5 gallon tank that only holds 1 gallon of water, the pump will be on the entire time you are in the shower, and the CSV will hold the pressure steady at 40, which will seem like much more pressure in the shower than 30/50 back and forth.  The Pside-Kick kit is $399.00.

You can see a 6 minute video of how to replace a big tank at this link.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jANyiSSWD9U

ronaundi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 08:17:48 PM »
Thanks for the quick response!!
It looks like that might be a good solution.
So if I understand correctly the CSV needs to be installed right after the pump before it goes through the sediment filter and watersoftener?
If you look at the picture it needs to be installed were the pressuretank is connected right now?

Ron

Cary Austin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 08:46:47 PM »
Actually it needs to be installed before that line to the tank.  Right where the galv tee or the union is.  Here is a picture of a jet pump with a Pside-Kick.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 08:55:11 PM by Cary Austin »

ronaundi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 09:00:23 PM »
Awesome picture, looks pretty straightforward. I might even be able to do that myself ;-)
I will definitely look into buying one shortly!!!

Thanks!!!

Ron

ronaundi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 10:06:50 AM »
The jetpump is actually a 1 HP so I probably want a constant 50 PSI. Is that too much or pretty normal?
Can I go even higher or does that mess up the well if the waterflow is not sufficient?

Ron

Cary Austin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 06:01:19 PM »
Probably can't go higher than 50.