Author Topic: Why are CSV's better than VFD's?  (Read 3719 times)

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Why are CSV's better than VFD's?
« on: January 20, 2014, 08:39:17 AM »
Engineer quote from 1968
“I predict the recent introduction of Variable Frequency controllers will make constant speed motors a thing of the past”.

Engineer quote from 1982
“Variable Frequency technology will revolutionize the pump industry in less than a decade”.

Engineer Quote from 1993 (the same year Cycle Stop Valves were introduced)
“The rapid advancement of Variable Frequency Drives will render the pump control valve obsolete within a couple of years.”

Engineer Quote from 2013
“Someday I'll wrap my mind around CSV and reach a conclusion, but with VFDs getting better and cheaper by the day the issue may become sidelined soon.” 

No matter how bad they want it to be true, the laws of physics have been a formidable stumbling block for VFD’s.  For over 40 years VFD manufacturers have been beaten back by the side effects of varying the pump speed.  VFD’s cause many problems including resonance frequency vibration, voltage spikes, harmonics, EDM currents, parasitic losses, cooling issues, and many others.  Had Mother Nature not gotten in the way with these issues, VFD’s would have taken over the industry many years ago.

However, because of the tremendous profits from VFD sales, along with being able to con people into falsely believing VFD’s save energy, the VFD ruse continues to this day.  VFD’s HAVE become better and cheaper, but they will never be able to overcome obstacles created by the Laws of Physics.

The Cycle Stop Valve was invented to replace VFD’s over 20 years ago. In contrast to the continuing problems and associated “updates” to VFD’s, the CSV works WITH the Laws of Physics and therefore has changed very little in 20+ years.  We have learned that the more VFD’s sold, the more there are to be replaced with CSV’s later.

I have been hearing that VFD’s are getting better and cheaper for so long, you would think people would realize by now that you can’t fool Mother Nature.  But then again even though the evidence is overwhelming against it, many people still believe in man made global warming and that our government is here to help us.