Author Topic: Unsure of well pump and depth - is it possible to use CSV without knowing this?  (Read 2741 times)

baskervi

• View Profile
We moved a trailer out to some property that has a well already installed in the ground. No one seems to know anything about it, but I can supply power to the pump and water flows out. I'm looking at purchasing a CSV1A kit that has a 4.4 gallon pressure tank, relief valve, etc., which will used to supply water to a mobile home, but I'm concerned it may not function properly without knowing details of the pump. The pump has been used for irrigation for the past couple years, and there is a 1" hose and no pressure tank currently connected to the well. Will I have to hire someone to come out to inspect the well, or is it likely it should work without any problems?

Thanks

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
I am 90% sure you can use a CSV with that pump.  But it is best to have at least a little info on the pump, just to be sure.  If you can't find any info on the pump just do a bucket test from the 1" hose and see how many GPM's it will make.  Then if it is a 230 volt 2 wire pump with no control box it is 1.5HP or smaller.  115 volt means it is no larger than 1/2 HP.  If it is 3 wires with a control box, the box will have a tag that tells you the horsepower.  If these things don't tell us what we need, a simple clip around amp meter reading while running the 1" hose of water will let us know everything else we need to know.