Author Topic: CSV1W questions  (Read 3260 times)

FogNorth

• View Profile
CSV1W questions
« on: August 07, 2016, 07:46:15 PM »
Noted TomR message on complete CSV1W failure and your response on what has happened.  I have had the valve installed for 2years almost exactly.  Run time has been much less because I shut my system down in the winter and drain all.  Use only from May thru early October for lawn, shrubs, garden, etc.  I have long drip runs that are pretty minimal but think they exceed the 1GPM minimum for the CSV to work.  Lately I have noticed the CSV will not maintain the 50PSI default pressure and pump/tank cycle back and forth between 40/50 on all my drip runs. 
I have the 40/60 switch.  The CSV will maintain 50PSI when I run large gpm draws like lawn sprinklers lines.  When I quit watering the pressure only goes back to 50PSI which seems strange?  Should it not run up to the 60 switch max?  I have been pulling what little hair I have(76 years old)out and would appreciate your thoughts.  I am hoping I will not have to replace the CSV.  Could the air pressure in the tank bladder come into play at all?  That is my next check for tomorrow.  Thanks.

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: CSV1W questions
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 07:10:31 AM »
I would replace the gauge first.  They are known to lie to you.  Then if it is still stopping at 50 PSI, the pressure switch is either bad or just needs adjusting.  If the CSV is set for 50 PSI, the pump must not go off until a higher pressure like 60 to make sure the CSV can function correctly.