Author Topic: CSV125, 60-1 Not Working  (Read 3347 times)

MX-Dad

• View Profile
CSV125, 60-1 Not Working
« on: June 10, 2018, 12:10:02 PM »
CSV125 doesn't seem to be working.

Yesterday I installed the CSV125, 60-1 into my well pump circuit.  BUT it doesn't seem to be working.  Pump circuit continues to cycle (between 50-70psi), even with 4 gpm sprinkler running.  Any help would be appreciated.  Photo attached of the install.

I had to move my pump switch port closer to the bladder tank, because the switch began to quickly toggle on and off after the install.
I ended up reducing my switch settings (from 60-80), down to 50-70 for the 60 psi CSV.  Bladder tank is set at 45 psi.

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: CSV125, 60-1 Not Working
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 04:29:13 PM »
Make sure your gauge will go to zero with pump off and water drained out.  Those valves all pass a pressure test and should be working no higher than 64 psi.

MX-Dad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 05:46:34 PM »
That's why I love chatting with the EXPERT!  Yes... my gauge was reading incorrectly (BY 17 LBS!!!).  I installed a new gauge and reset everything as described before.  The CSV is working as advertised.  Honestly, I'm still questioning the overall cost savings.  When my sprinkler/s are running my pump simply runs continuously (whereas before it might run 40% of the time... but cycle on and off).  I wonder how much is really saving overall.

As for me... I'm OK with the concept of minimizing the cycles... and perhaps paying somewhat more for overall power consumption.   I'm sure I could figure it all out, if I were really interested to know the truth.  BUT, I'm just not... at least that this point of my life.

Regardless... thanks for the GREAT customer service.

MX-Dad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 05:57:16 PM »
Actually to all who would like to know...

Per my very questionable new PSI gauge...
CSV kicks in arount 63 psi
High cut-off at 73 psi
Low cut-in at 53 psi
Ballast Tank at 48 psi (when nearly empty)

Observation... The CSV seems to allow pressure upto 69 psi before it caps the PSI in my system.  After there is no water being used, It takes my pump appx 3 minutes more to reach the 73 PSI cut-out switch position.  Overall we don't notice the pressure variance in the house very much... BUT the sprinklers definately show the difference in pressure levels (between 53 psi & my CSV max of 69 psi).

Again... please take all of my above observations with the uderstanding that my pressure gauge is a $4.00 part and very likely not calibrated very accurately.  As a result my specific observations are definately subjective.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this Forum.

And again... THANKS to Cary for the great customer service. 

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 03:23:51 PM »
Thanks for letting us know your gauge was off by 17 PSI.  That is the only thing that made any sense.  You will be surprised that it won't use any more energy even though it is running longer.  Without a CSV the pump is cycles on at locked rotor amps and runs at full load amperage, then it is off for a certain period of time.  With a CSV you save all those hard starts at locked rotor amperage, plus restriction from the CSV makes the pump run at lower amperage.  Overall the electric bill will be about the same.  The real savings is making the pump last longer by eliminating all the cycling.  Making the pump last longer saves money directly from your pocket, plus it saves a lot of energy from mining, transporting, manufacturing, and installing additional pumps that you didn't have to purchase.