Author Topic: A-Cart Model CSV1A repair kit  (Read 1105 times)

badams

• View Profile
A-Cart Model CSV1A repair kit
« on: June 25, 2023, 10:45:34 AM »
Hello.  I have a CSV1A installed on a well that goes to the house and irrigation system.  Installed 7 or 8 years ago.  Have a 40/60 psi switch on the house only.  Irrigation is not on a pressure switch.  It does have a backflow device (two headed) on the irrigation only
After working fine,  I now have several zones on the irrigation that do not produce enough pressure to raise the heads.  It's getting water, but very little pressure.  I've replaced the diaphram and solenoid on the main irrigation valve.  No luck. 
My question is:  Could I have a faulty CSV1A valve?  I see that there is a repair kit but without taking the valve apart, how do I know if the valve needs to be rebuilt?  There is no filter prior to the CSV valve and I do have alot of sediment in the filters after the valve.  Could the valve just be packed with sediment and just need cleaning?  (I haven't taken it apart...yet...I'd like ot have the repair kit on hand before I go into the valve....).  I've tried adjusting the valve via the hex nut and do see an increase/decrease in water pressure, but the nut is very hard to rotate/adjust making me think it's binding on 'crud'.
I may just go ahead and buy the repair kit and replace it...but I'm looking for input to see "if" that might be the issue.  The well pump is only about a year and half old.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 06:02:11 PM by badams »

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: A-Cart Model CSV1A repair kit
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2023, 01:10:10 PM »
It is rare for the CSV to cause a lose of flow.  If they fail they usually fail in the open position, and the pump starts cycling on and off while using water.  A loss of flow is usually a clogged filter, a hole in the pipe, or a bad pump.  It is easy to take the CSV1A apart if you want to see if there is something stuck in it restricting flow.

badams

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 09:25:26 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I finally figured out I had a leak in one of the irrigation main lines.  I was trying to troubleshoot anything I could think of that might be causing the issue.  Fortunately, the CS valve wasn't the culprit.

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2023, 03:52:55 PM »
Sorry for your problem. Glad you figured it out.  Always glad to help even though it is rarely a Cycle Stop Valve problem.