Author Topic: Setting pressure for both sprinkler system and shower?  (Read 1373 times)

moxiemoney

• View Profile
Setting pressure for both sprinkler system and shower?
« on: August 27, 2020, 07:18:55 PM »
Wondering if anyone else has run into the problem that if they set the CSV so that it runs constant while a shower is going, that when using the sprinkler system the pressure only goes to about 35 psi. today, with the sprinklers on, I adjusted the CSV so that the pressure for the sprinklers was about 45 psi, which made a huge difference in how far the sprinklers were able to spray. But, when turning them off and going in the house and turning on a shower to check, the pressure tank filled up immediately and the well pump then shut off.

Any good solutions for this or is this just the way it is? Would turning the cut off/on from 40/60 to 55/75 make a difference, and if so, how to I make sure that my system can handle that pressure range? I'm assuming the tank that came with the kit can easily handle the 75 psi, and if so, why not set it to 60/80? Higher pressure is better, no?

Thank you!

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Setting pressure for both sprinkler system and shower?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 08:59:49 AM »
If you set the CSV1A to run a big irrigation zone at 45 PSI, then it will run the shower and low flow devices at 55-60 PSI.  So, yes turning up the pressure switch to 50/70 or higher will stop the cycling at low flow.  You will also need to turn up the pressure relief valve to keep it from leaking and add more air to the pressure tank.  Air in tank should be 5 PSI less than pump start.  Turn up the pressure switch by tightening on the large adjustment screw and don't mess with the small adjustment screw.