Author Topic: CSV1A Installation question  (Read 2186 times)

Vic4news

• View Profile
CSV1A Installation question
« on: June 28, 2020, 01:58:31 PM »
Hi.
I have a 400’ well with a 1 hp 10 gpm submersible pump. My pressure tank has failed and needs to be replaced. Since the 10 gpm pump is too large for my well, I was going to try a 5 gpm dole valve but then started reading about the CSV1A.

I’m going to remove the check valve near the tank as there is already one in the well. It looks like I can just add the CSV1A to the 1” pipe where the check valve is. Correct?

Also what size tank would you recommend? I run 30/50 pressure. (From your faq it looks like a 4.5 gallon tank is recommended.)

Finally, I live in NH and my well pipe is some kind of plastic pipe. 24 years old but not brittle. Will the pipe withstand the pressure increase?

Thanks,
Vic

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 02:25:06 PM by Vic4news »

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: CSV1A Installation question
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 04:55:26 PM »
A 10 GPM, 1HP pump can build 164 PSI.  As long as your poly pipe is rated for 160# or better, as most pipe is, it will be good.  You have plenty of pump to run 40/60 is you want better pressure, and the 4.5 gallon tank is plenty for a normal single house.

The CSV usually goes in place of the check valve that needs to be removed as you have said.  But replacing the bad tank with the PK1A kit you might want to elbow up and mount everything a little higher on the wall and then elbow back down to the pipe.

Vic4news

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 07:37:14 PM »
Thanks. This valve is exactly what I’m looking for. I’ve always tried to maximize pump runtime when watering, but it was a manual process.

Is both the pump side and tank side of the valve male 1” threads? I’m not sure if I’m reading the diagram correctly.

Edit:
Ok. Looks like the valve is dual threaded...1" female and 1 1/4" male on each end?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 07:59:51 PM by Vic4news »

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 07:12:22 AM »
Yes the CSV1A is dual threaded with 1" female and 1 1/4" male threads on both ends.