Author Topic: CSV valve install and adjustment  (Read 2026 times)

deepseadiver

• View Profile
CSV valve install and adjustment
« on: October 04, 2020, 11:33:26 PM »
Oct 5 20/20

I recently rebuilt my water pump system. i have a 41 foot deep well. static is 8 feet 6.5 gallons per min draw. 10 min down to 14 feet with a 10 minute full recovery. This system has a new 15 gallon tank with a new Red Jacket 1/2 Hp jet pump. The pressure switch is set at factory 30/50. My question is a friend of mine has a new never used CSV model PK1A that i would like to purchase from him, will this model suit my system. also he mentioned that he loosened off the screw at the top of the vale so it's no longer factory set if this is a problem or not I do not know. Is there any instructions on how to set this valve up and adjust its pressure.  Finally last question, The pressure switch hose that usually is attached from the switch to the pump impellor housing should be moved to a location after the CSV valve correct?. Thank you for any help.

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: CSV valve install and adjustment
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 07:28:32 AM »
The PK1A kit will work great with that size pump.  It is easy to reset if needed.  If the pressure switch is still set to 40/60, set the bolt on the CSV1A to hold 50 PSI constant while running a shower.  And yes just use the 40/60 switch that comes with the PK1A kit and wire around the existing pressure switch as shown in our wiring diagram under "jet pump".