Author Topic: csv 125 stop valve is leaking  (Read 1935 times)

Kacanski

• View Profile
csv 125 stop valve is leaking
« on: April 09, 2021, 08:04:37 AM »
Hi,
I just order CSV1a stop valve, to replace existing leaking valve.
In general, my question is for past two years everything worked fine. Now that leak formed in CSV 125 valve can this be due to sediment build up?
My pressure is setup for 60 - 90PSI and it worked fine for two years. I do hear now expansion noise as pressure approaches 90 psi but everything works fine aside from a leak on valve. Leak is pretty substantial, meaning depending on pressure in the system it will leak more or less. if the water is in use it will leak more if he pressure is around 70psi it will leak here and there... but there is no time now that leak will not form...
I do not mind having two stop valves, I just want to make sure that is not something else in play?

Regards,

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: csv 125 stop valve is leaking
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 08:58:37 AM »
Yes the CSV125 will start leaking when sediment cuts an o-ring seal inside.  The CSV1A is a different design and will not leak from sediment or anything.  Just don't want to use the CSV125 is you have sediment or the valve will fail in a short time.  The CSV125 works great in clean water, some have lasted 25+ years.

Kacanski

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 08:04:43 AM »
Hi,
Thanks for usual a fast reply...
I installed a new CSV1A valve and it is working and no leaks.
I do have couple of questions:
the CSV1A came preinstalled to 70 PSI ( at least that is what is saying on the box and paper)
I did not make any adjustments...
The pressure switch cut off pressure is 90 PSI.
Tank pressure is default which I believe is 38 PSI.

With all of this this is happening:
cut in pressure is somewhere between 50 and 65 psi
cut off is 90 psi
tank does make expansion noise (little bit of cracking) as the pressure raises... It does scares me a bit, but i know that nothing will blow on me. Is that normal?

So the problem is that when the pressure reaches 90 psi it will not stay there. pressure goes slowly but steadily down to like 70 psi with no water being used in the house.
so what do I need to do stabilize this. I think I need to increase tank pressure (tank is 4.5 GL) and most likely I need to do something regarding CSV1A valve.

Again, just amazing products that really work and are solidly made...

Much  appreciated...

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 07:54:40 AM »
With the CSV1A set at 70 PSI, you need the pressure switch to turn the pump on/off at about 60/80.  Then you need 55 PSI air in the tank before turning the pump on.  With only 38 PSI air in the tank and going from 50 to 90 before shutting off is over-stretching the bladder in the tank and causing the cracking noise.

Then if when the pumps stops at 80 PSI it should stay at 80 PSI until you use some water.  If you are not using any water, then water is leaking somewhere for the pressure to drop.