Pump System Questions and Answers > Pumps, Wells, Tanks, Controls

Lot of air in the piping

<< < (2/2)

Cary Austin:
You need to remove the Schrader and above ground check valve, plug the holes in the drop pipe, and install a small diaphragm type tank.  If you do that I would not expect to hear from you for 30 years.  Or, you can remove the CSV and go back to the old way, which will deliver varying pressure while cycling the pump to death, and causes many problems over the years.

la65058:
I capped the schrader last night and check for any hammer this morning, no sound of water hammer and no air in pipes. I will soon pull the pump and fix the holes and remove the check valve above ground.
Thanks for your help.
 One more thing. The water pressure seams low, should I need to adjust the pressure switch. It turns on at 20 psi and turns off at 42 psi. The pressure in the tank is 43 psi when the pumps stops. Open a faucet and the pressure drops to 30 psi till it goes to 20 psi.
I have the 40 psi valve
PK125 Pside-Kick Pressure Tank Kit
1 HP in the well pump 100 feet below ground

Cary Austin:
With a 40 PSI valve you need to turn the pressure switch up to about 30/50.  Tighten the large adjustment nut about 3 full turns to the right an try it again.  Then you will need about 25 PSI air in the tank.  but you cannot check the air pressure in the tank until you turn the pump off and drain all the water from the tannk.

la65058:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version