Author Topic: location for CSV1A?  (Read 934 times)

knifeman85

• View Profile
location for CSV1A?
« on: August 17, 2022, 07:10:48 PM »
I just purchased a CSV1A and I am trying to find a suitable location to install the Valve.

My current system has a 88 gal pressure tank and switch in my garage. There is one pipe leading into the tank in the garage and no pipe leading out.

I just checked my crawlspace and the main line from my well comes out of a wall, and about 3 feet later Y's off and goes directly into my bathroom faucet.

Is it normal for a pressure tank to not be the first item on the system? or is it just as normal for the system pressure to be applied from further downstream and just feed the pressure into the system? Is any of this making sense?

I have a shallow dug well that is 15 ft deep, the water is about 3 feet under the ground though (at least it was in 2013 when the well was commissioned. The well report said it had about 4 feet drawdown after running 15gpm for 4 hours.

Should I install the CSVIA in the crawl space directly before the first tee off? Should I get in contact with a plumber to just make it so my system actually makes sense? i plan to install some sort of whole house water filtration in the future, and it seems like it will be more difficult with the way the system is cuttently plumbed.

Sorry for the rambling train of though first post, but wow, I have a lot of questions

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: location for CSV1A?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 04:44:18 PM »
Yes it is common to have a tee prior to the pressure tank.  And yes the CSV1A or PK1A kit needs to be installed prior to the first tee.  All filtration will also need to be prior to the first tee unless you want untreated water from one line and treated water from the other.