Author Topic: Additional 44 Gal storage tank ...Good Idea?  (Read 1032 times)

Sherborn

• View Profile
Additional 44 Gal storage tank ...Good Idea?
« on: October 25, 2022, 01:05:51 AM »
I bought and installed a CSV "PK1A" system in 2019, with a 10 Gal storage tank. Everything is working well, as far as I can determine. Single family home, regular domestic water use.

The old system had a 44 Galon WR140R Well-Rite storage tank, which was not damaged, but removed to recover space.

Is there any benefit in reinstalling this 44 Gal tank into the system? The only way it can be connected is through a 1/2" copper pipe (3/4" at the next upgrade) and would be about 20' away from the CSV.

Thank you,
Michael

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Additional 44 Gal storage tank ...Good Idea?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 04:56:52 PM »
It won't hurt anything.  But a 44 gallon tank holds 10 gallons of water.  You will feel the pressure be low for longer as the 10 gallons is used from the tank.  The 10 gallon tank only holds 2 gallons of water and you have strong constant pressure as soon as that 2 gallons is used up.

Sherborn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 07:10:05 PM »
Cary,  Thank you for the clear explain! I don't know how you find time for the personal attention to so many questions, including mine!

Much appreciated!

--
Michael

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 02:50:52 PM »
I have loved working on wells and pumps since my first one in 1968.  But when I was a driller and pump man, everyone that called me was already mad and out of water.  They didn't want to hear how long it was going to take me to get to their location or how much it was going to cost.  I loved the work but hated my customers were always unhappy with me.

I have been selling Cycle Stop Valve since 1993 and I love my job.  I get calls all the time thanking me for how much money they saved, and saying they never had such good water pressure.  My son is taking over and I am supposed to be retired.  But how can I not come to work every morning when my customers say such nice things like you did?  Thank you!!