Author Topic: Help with Valve installation  (Read 726 times)

Sebanavila

• View Profile
Help with Valve installation
« on: July 25, 2023, 09:41:29 PM »
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and to the DIY plumbing world, I just purchase a CSV1A valve to be installed in my ongoing upgrade project, as per the instructions I have to install it with nothing before it other than the well pump, but I just hit a bump and need help, while digging I found that my sprinklers are connected to the main 1.5" line via a reduction to 1" tee and about 12" downstream is the reduction to 1" elbow to the pressure tank. Can I install the valve before the pressure tank the way this is configure or do I have to re-do the whole main line plumbing?

here are some pictures and a diagram:

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Help with Valve installation
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2023, 07:36:27 AM »
Just install the CSV1A on the end of the black poly pipe before that first tee.  It won't matter that it is pointing up instead of sideways, it just has to be before that tee.

Nice drawings!  What did you use to draw those?

Sebanavila

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 07:58:58 PM »
Thank you Cary for you response, I found out that I can install it by the well pump as the picture shown here, I found this in the reviews section of your website that one of your customers post it.
I think this will be my best shot, because that well pump connection is exactly like mine.

I will post a picture and review after complete the installation.

Cary Austin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 09:14:10 PM »
Yep. Will work fine. Sorry I didn’t mention it.

Sebanavila

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2023, 05:16:02 PM »
After almost 6 hour of struggling and finding surprises I finally did it, it is working as it is suppose to, I still have a tiny drippings at one of the unions but I'll fix it tomorrow.

I did notice that the pressure is not 58 psi the way I thought the valve came by default, it is about 45 psi, I need to adjust it to 58 psi because I have a 81 gallons pressure tank, but I'm confuse on the procedure to do it, can you help?

here are some pictures:

Cary Austin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2023, 07:16:33 PM »
Looks good!  But you really only needed one union.  When you break it apart at the union you can pull the pump on one side and unscrew anything that needs maintenance on the other.  Unions are a pain and I don't like to use anymore than I have to.

If you ask for it to be preset at 58 PSI it should have had "set 58 PSI" written on the side of the box.  If so, and you haven't adjusted it, try turning on a shower.  Running a single shower or anything that is about 3 GPM is what is needed to set the CSV.  With such a large tank you have to be patient to see if it is holding 58 or slowly creeping up.  It should not creep up above 58 while the shower is running or the adjustment bolt has been tightened too far down.  With the shower running, wait for the tank to empty and the pump to come on, then adjust the CSV to hold 58 PSI constant.  It needs to stay at 58 for as long as the shower is on, even if the shower is on for a month.

Sebanavila

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2023, 12:44:51 PM »
I just complete the setup, it is steady at 55 psi, but I hit a couple of snags, first I tested the air pressure at the tank and it was at 20 psi, I add air and now is at 35 psi, jut to be on the safe side, then I have to remove the valve to check on the dripping, well I found that the use of dope is the cause of leaking and dripping in hot weather, I disassemble every connection and use Teflon and now it is completely sealed. I recommend that your company make it official the use of Teflon only and not the dope or paste, the end user will appreciate it.

Well, that is it for this adventure, I thank you so much Carry for your support and help, and also to Sam, for his emails before I purchase the valve.

Thank you guys, extremely happy.