Author Topic: Pump Tec  (Read 7339 times)

Tom101

• View Profile
Pump Tec
« on: February 02, 2007, 10:37:02 AM »
How do I make my Pump Tec work with a Cycle Stop Valve?  Any time I am using small amounts of water, the Pump Tec thinks my well is out of water and shuts my pump off.  This also happens when the pressure tank is filling up.

Karen Austin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Pump Tec
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 10:40:14 AM »
The problem with a PumpTec is that when you use our product,  your amperage will vary according to your demand.  At the lowest amperage created by using our valve,  the pumptec sees that as a problem and will turn your system off....I do think that some people have tried setting the pump tec while demanding half of your normal demand.....in other words,  if you have a 10 gpm pump,  set your pump tec when you are using 5 gpm.  The Pumptec looks for a 25% amp drop and if the pump you have actually has a better brake horse drop than that (and some do...that is a good thing not a bad one...lower amps,  less electricity used) ,  the pump tec won't work.  Because the brake horse function is different on different brand pumps,  the only sure way to find out is to put an amp meter on your pump and using a gate valve before your pressure switch,  choke your demand down to  about 1 gpm and see what the amps are doing.  Then let your pump run at full flow and check the amps again.  If the drop is more than 25%,  the Pumptec will not work with a Cycle Stop because it will be turning your pump off on low amps when there is actually not a problem.

We make a product called the Cycle Sensor.  It is a pump monitor that looks for dry run and excessive cycles and can be adjusted as you need it to be so that it can tell the difference between low amps caused by the CSV and low amps caused by dry run.  It does work with our product.  You can get more info at http://www.cyclestopvalves.com/products.html#cyclesensor

Let me know if I can help further.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:50:26 PM by Kris McCoy »