Author Topic: installation question  (Read 3912 times)

phughes200

installation question
« on: October 30, 2011, 03:10:00 PM »
I am interested in adding a CSV1Z vave to my system (A residential deep water well, 1/2 hp, 10 gpm, no irrigation) . The instructions state:

"NOTE: Submersible motor manufacturers recommend using a flow inducer sleeve to be sure the motor is sufficiently cooled at low flows."

Will this be needed for this small of a pump? What is consider low flow? If I understand what this valve does, the flow will be 1 gpm until the bladder reaches the shutoff pressure when no water is called for. If the water is being call for exceeds 1 gpm, the valve will regulate the system to match the flow and to maintain the pressure once the cut-in pressure of the system is reached and the pump turns on. It would seem that the pump only sees a low flow (assuming that 1 gpm defines low flow) for a short period of time.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 06:00:58 PM by phughes200 »

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: installation question
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 09:09:00 AM »
Motor company says you don't need a shroud for anything less than 2 HP.  But I alway use one if I can.  Don't worry about it if you can't.  The CSV will make the pump produce 1 GPM as long as you are only running 1 GPM from a faucet.  1 GPM is five times as much as the motor needs to stay cool.