Author Topic: Electronic Pressure Switch Blinking Pr  (Read 5454 times)

Mark

• View Profile
Electronic Pressure Switch Blinking Pr
« on: June 24, 2012, 12:26:54 AM »
Hello,

Just completed installation of a model PK1AEPS pside-kick. After powering up the EPS15/99 the display of "Pr" blinks about every 5 seconds but will not kick on the submersible well pump. I can't find any explanation of the error. What can be done to correct the issue? I have my old pressure switch if I need to temporarily mount it but would like to avoid making the switch out. When the EPS arrived one of the brass mounting hex head screws was loose and rattling around though I find it unlikely that it caused the problem.

Regards,

Mark
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:38:42 AM by Mark »

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Electronic Pressure Switch Blinking Pr
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 05:52:28 PM »
Hi Mark.  Sorry for your problem.  The EPS switch will flash PR when it tries to start the pump, then it should start reading the actual pressure in the system.  I have never encountered one that would just keep flashing PR.  It sounds like it is trying over and over to start the pump.  I would double check the wiring.  You might have an M1 or an M2 crossed with a ground wire.

You can also bypass the switch and run the wires direct to see if the pump starts.  If all else fails you can go back to the old pressure switch until we get you another EPS switch.  It could just be a bad switch but, what it is doing is rare, so I really think you may have a wire crossed.  Either way we are glad to help.  And if I send you another switch, I can run it on the test pit before I send it, to make sure you don't have the problem again.

Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 12:56:17 PM »
Thank you Cary. I did go back to my old pressure switch and the pump is running just fine. We have good pressure that I haven't seen for years!!
I do not believe that I had the M1 and M2 switched. The old pressure switch is a Square D and as soon as I wired it it brought the pump to life. I had the wires marked so I think I had them installed in the same manner on the EPS15/99. I had popped the breakers once on the the EPS when I had the Line In and the Cable to the pump to the wrong leads at the start. .

Regards,

Mark

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 01:02:08 PM »
Something may have happened to the switch when you popped the breaker.  We will get you another one anyway, just call us for a return authorization number.  800-652-0207