Author Topic: Pump Reccomendation  (Read 17762 times)

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Pump Reccomendation
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 08:14:39 AM »
Sometimes they just slip together easily.  Sometimes you have to turn the shaft to get the splines to line up.  Don't force anything, it should go together easily.  Height is important, so make sure not to put washers or anything between the pump and motor.

ChrisNIA

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 10:59:55 PM »
Installed the grundfos pump last year and the system has been working great however we have a bit of rotten egg odor from hydrogen sulfide. I am looking at installing a hydrogen peroxide system to oxidize the H2S. I have been looking at different injection pumps and most either are wired to turn on with the pump and inject a fixed amount, use a flow sensor to turn on with the pump and inject a fixed amount or inject a fixed amount based on a timer. Since the amount of water we use in the house varies a lot and most of the time the pump is on is for outdoor uses I would like to install a proportional injection system. Stenner does make a proportional controller but it is rather expensive and I prefer to keep things simple. Any thoughts to using a mechanical pump like a Dosematic Superdos 20 2.5% pump to inject the peroxide? It is rated to 100 PSI for use with most chemicals and the injection rate can be varied between .2%-2.5%.

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 02:04:32 PM »
You can set a Dosematic for the average flow rate and get pretty close.  However, you might look into the Sulfur Eliminator.  It attaches to the well head and aerates water in the well so you can pump at whatever rate you need.

ChrisNIA

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 10:25:30 PM »
The Sulfur Eliminator looks interesting however we have a pitless well and the water line is buried 6' deep. I am only looking to treat the water for household use. The Dosematic Superdose is a proportional injector so it will vary the injection amount based on the flow through the unit to maintain a constant percentage of chemical to water. The 2.5% model can be varied between .2% to 2.5% injection rate. Just looking to see if anyone has any experience using this model of pump for this purpose. There is also another mechanical injector called the Chemilizer however the reviews seem fairly poor on that one.