Author Topic: CSV125 High Pressure  (Read 2714 times)

Jno.

• View Profile
CSV125 High Pressure
« on: May 24, 2018, 07:07:45 AM »
I recently replaced my pump and tank because of tank bladder failure.  The new tank has a 5.3 gallon draw down with the switch set to 40-60 psig.  When the garden hose is at full draw, the valve regulates at ~55 pounds, although I can hear it start to regulate at ~50 psig.  If I stop the draw as soon as the pump turns on, the tank fills in 50 to 55 seconds, indicating a flow rate of 6 gpm or better.  This is well within the capacity of the 1/2hp 5gpm pump, as the level in the well is very high just now.  Since I have a cycle monitor installed, we have to reset the controls every couple of days when it trips out for rapid cycle cause by demand ending just as the pump turns on. 

A work-around would be to set the cycle monitor to <50 seconds for run time, but that is too short a time to cool the pump properly.  The tank should be plenty large enough to work with this valve, which should be reducing flow to ~1gpm above 50psig, or thereabouts.  What am I missing here?

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: CSV125 High Pressure
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 07:21:46 AM »
With the CSV regulating at 55 PSI and a 40/60 switch, the tank is 3/4 full before the CSV starts filling the tank from 55 to 60.  So 50-55 seconds sounds right to put about 1 to 1.4 gallons in the tank.  Yes set the Cycle Sensor for less than it takes to fill the tank when no water is being used.  The 1 minutes run time doesn't really matter anymore since you have a CSV to keep the pump from cycling on/off.  The pump is not constantly banging on and off so the 1 minute fill time is not important.  Plus if the motor amps are reduced even slightly, the motor load is de-rated and doesn't need 1 minute cool down time.

Jno.

• View Profile
Re: CSV125 High Pressure
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 07:27:45 AM »
Makes sense. Thanks for the quick reply.