Author Topic: Low Pressure at RV Pad - 200 ft out, 10 feet up  (Read 2426 times)

nrthomson

• View Profile
Low Pressure at RV Pad - 200 ft out, 10 feet up
« on: August 21, 2020, 12:36:41 PM »
Hello everyone!

I recently installed a PK1A w/ 10g tank to create a steady 55psi in the house.

At the same time, I added a line to my RV pad hydrant up the hill and away from the house (line is 3/4" poly). Unfortunately, it has very low pressure up there..

I'm thinking about some possible solutions, but would love to hear what the community thinks or would recommend.
- Crank up CSV pressure, and put a pressure reducing valve after tee to house
- Booster pump?

At this time, I do not know the details of my pump - and realize now I should have planned this out much better.

Simple diagram attached.

Thanks in advance for anyone's suggestions  :D

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Low Pressure at RV Pad - 200 ft out, 10 feet up
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 04:50:54 PM »
As long as the pump is large enough the CSV1A is adjustable up to 150 PSI.  The standard pressure switch will turn up to about 55/75, and you can get switches like the heavy duty that can go as high as 150 PSI as well.  You will loose 1 PSI for ever 2.31' in elevation up to the shop.  Just need to turn it up until you get the pressure you want.  If the pump won't build enough pressure, you just need a pump that can.  You could also use a booster pump system, but that requires two pumps and controls when one would better.  And yes you just put a pressure reducing valve on the line at the bottom and dial in whatever pressure you want there as well.