Author Topic: Wiring Deluxe Control Box  (Read 1488 times)

jstadick

• View Profile
Wiring Deluxe Control Box
« on: April 29, 2021, 11:26:46 AM »
Need to double check the wiring of my Grundfos deluxe control box.  Their (Grundfos's) instructions aren't that clear.  See attached image.  In the Grundfos instructions it only show two wires going to the pressure switch (which didn't seem right).  Your instructions seem to make more sense, but wanted to double check.  I should have three wires (not including ground) going from the control box to the pressure switch correct? 

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Wiring Deluxe Control Box
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 04:48:26 PM »
Wow you found a typo in our instructions for wiring a deluxe box that we have had up for more than 20 years and nobody saw it.  I probably haven't even looked at it in all this time.  I had to do a double take because it isn't right.  No you do not need 3 wires to the pressure switch when using a Deluxe control box.  Just pretend the wire from the pressure switch L1 to the control box L1 is not there.  It would work fine wired that way as the L1 wire would not be doing anything anyway.  Probably the reason no one has brought it to my attention is all this time.  Eliminating that wire would make it the same as the Grundfos wiring.  You only use one side of the pressure switch with a wire going to the L2 and another to SW in the control box.  Lol! thanks, I will have that fixed.

jstadick

• View Profile
Re: Wiring Deluxe Control Box
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 07:28:34 PM »
Yeah, the more I thought about it, I also came to the conclusion that you would only need one side of the switch as the control box is doing the real work.  As always, thanks for the quick and accurate help!  I can't wait to get all this completed and working.