Author Topic: remote location of pressure tank  (Read 1106 times)

Ercell

• View Profile
remote location of pressure tank
« on: May 02, 2021, 09:34:05 AM »
I bought your cycle stop at least 5 years back.  Still sitting in box. The reason is. I keep losing electricity, the pump room freezes and i'm tired of buying new tanks so I just shut the well portion of my system down and use rural water. I would like to get the well running again. I would save a bunch of money on irrigation.  The well control is in an unheated barn between the house and the well. It would be best for me if I could just leave the control pressure switch in the pump room (in the barn) and put the CSV in the house. It would be easy to drain only the switch in the fall and then fire it back up in the spring.  Other wise I would have to remove the entire system in the fall and reinstall it in the spring. I have read that the pressure switch needs to be on the bladder/pressure tank, but is there any way around this. This system would only be used for a shop sink, a horse waterer and irrigation. Any suggestions?

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: remote location of pressure tank
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 10:10:01 AM »
No.  Sorry.  The pressure switch has to stay close to the pressure tank.  However, with a CSV all you need is a 4.5 gallon size tank that would be easier to remove than the pressure switch.