Author Topic: Which CSV will work best in my system  (Read 1689 times)

Onetime

• View Profile
Which CSV will work best in my system
« on: February 19, 2023, 04:22:05 PM »
Hello I’m new to the site. Just a little background we have 1 hp Red Jacket Submersible well pump. When they originally installed the pump in 1998 where was a hydroservant also installed. Well that did not last very long. I believe the pump burned. When they replaced the pump, they Deleted the  hydroservant. We live in northern Indiana

System:
            4” well  ( 75’ deep, pump @ 30’ )
             1 hp Red Jacket Submersible pump 22 gpm
             Water Furnace 5 gpm  low speed, 9 gpm high speed
              86 gallon pressure tank
             Square D 40-60 pressure switch

So I just found your site and this csv looks like  it will benefit my system. Really looking for advice for which valve will work the best. All of my system is in the basement with floor drain close. Thanks Ken

« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 06:21:53 PM by Onetime »

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Which CSV will work best in my system
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 10:20:24 AM »
The CSV1A is best in your application.  It needs to be set at 58 PSI because you have such a large tank.  If you ever need to replace that tank you can go back with as small as a 4.5 gallon size tank since you have a CSV to stop the pump cycling.

Onetime

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 03:44:51 PM »
Thank you for your advice. I plan to order The Valve today.
So where is the best place to install the CSV1A in my system?  The PVC pipe that comes through the wall is 1 1/4", hopefully
you can see enough in the pictures to determine. Thanks again Ken

Cary Austin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 07:28:21 AM »
The CSV1A needs to be the first thing attached coming through the wall.  The CSV needs to go before that tee with the pressure switch and gauge.

Onetime

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 02:14:36 PM »
So, I installed the CSV1A on Saturday and today the water furnace is showing a low flow water light. Not really sure what is going on. So the furance is running and the pressure gauge says 50psi and the well is not running, pressure tank seems empty.  The pressure switch is set 40-60psi , CSV1A is at 58 psi. Everything seemed to work ok up till today. Any thoughts? Thanks Ken
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 02:50:40 PM by Onetime »

Onetime

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2023, 10:07:17 AM »
So I think I found the problem. Because most of the pipes were newly replaced and glued, I had some glue bits ( looked like scotch tape pieces )  and they all collected at the 1” check valve, keeping the valve stuck open and severely restricting the water flow. Now cleaned and back together everything is working great. Also changed the whole house filter today and found a few bit in there.

So there are three water feeds.
#1 the one with the gray union, is the water furnace line originally it was a 3/4” PVC with several 45’s and 90 degree connectors. I changed to 1” awhile back.  The line I put in is 1”PVC pipe, but all the bends are straight pipe heated and curved. I never had the chance to change the check valve from 3/4” to 1’ and the last 2’ of pipe, now that I changed that and added the CSV1A the furnace seems the ramp up faster and run better.

#2 the one with the insulation on it is the house water. Nothing there changed.

#3 the one with the blue shut off valve: that a 1” PVC Pipe that feeds  the four frost free hydrants in the yard. I will turn on once I need water outside.

I also replaced the pressure gauge and the pressure switch, as they were both 20 years old.

So my experience with the CSV1A in place, definitely better pressure when taking showers and better overall pressure at the faucets. No more hammering when the pump shuts off. So far I’m glad I came across the information on the valve by accident, is was on Pinterest.

Thanks Ken

« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 01:21:14 PM by Onetime »

Cary Austin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2023, 03:52:41 PM »
That would do it.  Glad you figured it out and got it working.  Also glad you are happy with the pressure from the CSV.