Author Topic: Second tank down the line?  (Read 5162 times)

jasont

• View Profile
Second tank down the line?
« on: June 15, 2014, 02:51:41 PM »
Hello,
Before I knew about CSV's I bought a 32gallon wellxtrol tank and thinking bigger is better I upgraded my burned out 3/4hp pump with a 1hp Franklin pump for a shallow 20' well with foot valve setup.    I notice that my pump cycles a lot when running the hose so I started researching and discovered the CSV    While running the hose the pump runs for about 15 seconds at a time.    I can't return the pump or the the tank so how do I salvage the situation.   It looks like the CSV only allows the pressure tank to fill up at 1 gallon per minutes to it seems that my pump will always run for about 9 minutes whenever it comes on which seems excessive.   Can I move this larger tank down the line and put a small pressure tank and CSV near the pump.   The pressure switch is setup as 30/50 and the tank is set to work with that about about 28psi.   If replace the tank with a small one with a CSV at the pump and move this larger one down the line will it be able to fill up completely?  My concern is that the CSV would be set at 40-45 and the tank would never get up to 50 psi.    Maybe if I put in a CSV I can make the range on the pressure switch from 30/60, set the CSV to 50 psi and then my larger tank down the line can fully charge to 50 psi?

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: Second tank down the line?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 09:00:08 AM »
You are making this much harder than it really is.  The CSV will work with any size tank.  The CSV does not let the tank fill and the pump shut off as long as you are using more than 1 GPM.  Then when you turn off all the sprinklers and faucets, the CSV lets the tank fill at 1 GPM until the pump shuts off.  To keep the CSV from taking 9 minutes to fill a tank that holds 9 gallons of water, you just set the CSV closer to the off setting of the pressure switch.  IE;  with a 40/60 pressure switch, set the CSV at 58 PSI, and it will only take 1 minute to fill the tank after you turn off all the faucets.