Author Topic: improving pressure for multiple appliences and showers  (Read 3649 times)

Kacanski

• View Profile
improving pressure for multiple appliences and showers
« on: April 09, 2019, 06:47:41 PM »
Hi,
Interesting product. I have 3/4hp submersible pump 185' deep  well and 1 1/2" hose coming into the house with 80 gallon tank. from there 3/4" and 1/2" pipes are branching in the house. I do have softener and three stage water filters for a whole house in a mix. they are up to 9gpm in capacity.
pressure is setup between 50 and 70 psi. Problem is that with two or more appliances pressure drops down significantly. it happens with  two showers add washing machine running at the same time.
My question is will your product help provide more constant pressure or I need to get 1" piping on main branch (hot and cold) or possibly I need to upgrade pump motor?
Much appreciated and I do like the product and price...

Cary Austin

• Inventor, Owner, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyclestopvalves.com
Re: improving pressure for multiple appliences and showers
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 07:19:43 AM »
If the pressure goes low and stays low while using multiple outlets, then you need a larger pump.  If the pump is cycling on and off between 50 and 70 while using multiple outlets, then the cycling is causing the low pressure.  In this case the CSV will keep the pressure at a constant 60 PSI, instead of letting it go 50 to 70 over and over.  60 PSI constant is much stronger shower pressure than when it is going 50 to 70 over and over.

Kacanski

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 10:48:32 AM »
Thanks for the reply! If I could clarify and sorry for going over again...
If three or four facets are engaged, pressure will drop to 50 psi, pump will engage but pressure will not go back to 70 psi, but ratter 62 to 64 psi at best. Pump will keep up with that pressure but will not be able to deliver more. So I am thinking maybe I need 1 or 1 1/2 hp pump, assuming my well is capable of delivering more water, and possibly I might need 1" main branch piping with you smaller tank and CSV rig.
Am I correct?

Cary Austin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 02:25:12 PM »
A 3/4HP, 10 GPM pump will produce 9 GPM from 220' of head.  62 PSI is the same as 143'.  So the pump is probably lifting from about 77' deep.  A 1HP, 10 GPM pump would give you 35 PSI more.  62 PSI should peal your skin off in the shower, IF it is making it to the shower.  The softener and 3 stage filter maybe robbing you of 20-30 PSI.  A pressure gauge on any faucet after the filters will give you this reading, which must be taken while using the 9 GPM flow.  If this is correct you will need a larger pump and more pressure to push through the filters, or filters with less friction loss.  Also make sure all the cartridges are clean.  Or you can just take the cartridges out to test the pressure loss.

Of course a 1HP pump is not going to stay at 80 PSI while using 9 GPM, it will cycle on and off between 70 and 90.  That is when you need the CSV1A to hold a constant 80 PSI or whatever pressure you want while using as much or as little water as needed in the house.
'

Kacanski

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 09:20:33 AM »
First, you are awesome Cary! thanks much for help. Ether way i will buy your product because i believe that is actually a better product than VFD systems.
Thanks much

Kacanski

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 10:16:24 AM »
Hi Cary,
i would like to purchase PK125 Pside-Kick Pressure Tank Kit.
last question, should I by 4.5 or 10 gallon tank ...
Thanks much

Cary Austin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 11:37:46 AM »
The 4.5 gallon tank is all you need.  Sometimes the 10 gallon tank gives people a warm and fuzzy feeling, which is also fine.   :)